Friday, April 23, 2010

So Thankful...

I am so incredibly thankful for Chris and my relationship. We had a big scare last night, but thankfully everything is okay. I don't feel like going into all of the details but the short story is I ate something that got caught in my throat. I could breathe and was talking and walking, so we knew it was okay for the most part. Chris rushed me into the car and got me to the emergency clinic. Note to all of you, if you have a minor emergency where you aren't bleeding and are still bleeding, go to one of these places. I didn't even have to sit in the waiting room.

They took my vitals, gave me some really good medicine to relax me (I was extremely relaxed). I played be-jeweled on Chris's phone - he said I wouldn't stop. They came and took me for a CT scan, but this point the drugs had hit and I remember looking up and thinking there were a set of eyes staring at me.

Finally they took me back to my room and gave me even more meds to knock me out for the most part, but I was still awake. I have no recollection of being awake. I thought I went to sleep. They also asked Chris to leave the room at this point. That made me sad and I know Chris wasn't to happy to not be there with me.

Regardless, they did get the object out of my throat. They called Chris back in and I was saying something they couldn't asked. They asked Chris what I was saying. He said, she says "I am not going to floss tonight".

They took another x-ray to make sure everything was gone and eventually let us go home. Chris said we were home by midnight. That really isn't a bad amount of time to be at a clinic...8 pm - 12 am. Had we gone to the emergency room I would have gotten home at noon today.

I am so thankful that Chris is on his toes about things like this and knew what he had to do to make sure I was okay. I hope I would be the same for him as well. Though, I hope nothing like this happens again.

...I have the scans from the CT...I can't upload them...but once I look at them I will determine if I want to put them online.

No comments:

Post a Comment