Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter everyone! We hope you all had a wonderful day. Chris and I celebrated Easter in our own way today. No big egg hunts, no big gathering...just the two of us making good food together and spending time together.

Chris made a delicious ham made with mustard (that made me nervous), ginger snaps, brown sugar and scotch. The recipe called for bourbon, but all we had was Chris's 15 year old Glenfiddich, expensive way to make a ham, we know! I made my famous roasted potatoes with garlic and rosemary (fresh from the backyard) and some bacon and cheese scones. Chris used my pig cookie cutter for the scones.

Piggy Piggy!

Lunch was so very tasty, but we had way too much food for the two of us. Looks like we will be making ham sandwiches this week. I plan to make a ham and cheese quiche tomorrow for dinner (possibly using the leftover dough from the bacon and cheese scones). I also made spring sugar cookies on Friday that I was going to frost but I never got around to it. Though honestly, these cookies did not need anything else to make them taste any better. Chris said they were like crack!

We spent the rest of the afternoon outside reading. It was too pretty of a day to stay inside. Eventually we came back inside and had dessert. Dessert was a slice of toffee-licious cake from Dessert Gallery that I bought Friday. We also watched "Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown" which is completely inappropriate for kids. Marci and Peppermint Patti are out shopping and cooking unsupervised throughout the episode. We love all of the Charlie Brown holiday episodes and try to watch the specific holiday episode on the holiday. This is a tradition we hope to continue throughout our lives.

That's all for today! Again, Happy Easter! Until our next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment