Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wedding Coordination

I have the coolest part-time/temporary job. My wedding coordinator Cheri Wexler (www.somethingplannedllc.com) has asked me to help out during some of the weddings she coordinates as her assistant. I just participated in my first wedding this past weekend. The wedding ceremony was held at Sam Houston Park in Downtown and the reception was at Artista in the Hobby Center.

I am so excited to be helping out for many reasons. It will help give me ideas for our wedding (instead of constantly reading www.theknot.com like I already do). I love working on events, so it gives me extra experience for my professional life. I also get to see Cheri in action behind the scenes to see what she does and how she handles things (I have been to three weddings that she coordinated as a guest). It gives me piece of mind to see how well she plans weddings and that she will be there for us on our big day. I look forward to working with her as her assistant as well as her client.

No comments:

Post a Comment