Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Chris and I would to wish everyone a very Happy Valentine's Day!

This year's Valentine's Day will be our first one as an engaged couple and last one as an unmarried couple. Chris's comment to that was "so I don't have to do anything next year...right?". Not quite buddy.

Regardless, Valentine's Day is not the only day we celebrate our love for each other. We show each other we love and care for each other every day that we are together or a part. We do however think that traditions are very important and have already started creating our own. Both of us get into holidays, so this is just another way for us to do something together as well as for each other.

This year, instead of having flowers delivered to work, Chris went and bought flowers and came to work to surprise me. He was very clever...he made sure I didn't leave to go out for lunch by asking if we could go get lunch together. I was expecting him to come get me from the office (very unusual...usually we just meet wherever we are going) around lunch time. I wasn't at my desk, so Patrick, the police officer at the front called one of my co-workers to see if they could find me. Poor Patrick thought Chris was the delivery man.

Followed by the beautiful flowers, we went to lunch at Block 7, another one of our favorite places to go. Block 7 is a Wine Bar that serves some pretty amazing food. It was nice to sit and talk to each other during the middle of a busy work day. We also had our favorite waiter, Davey Jones. After lunch and dessert we made our way to the post office, where we put the Save the Dates in the mail. Guess there is no turning back now.

I made breakfast for Chris on the real Valentine's Day. I tried some breakfast tacos this past week that Pam, one of my favorite co-workers, made for all of us at work. They were simply delicious. Pam sent one home with me to give to Chris, but I ate it for dinner that night while he was in class. Well, Chris wanted to try them, so I thought making him breakfast for Valentine's Day would be nice because I NEVER make breakfast unless it is toast, bagels or cereal. This was a nice surprise for him. In fact he says I should do this every Sunday. We shall see...I don't think big breakfasts like that are the healthiest for us. I did put a side of fruit with the tacos and they went along nicely.

Our tradition on Valentine's Day is Chris makes dinner for me. This is strange for us, since we love to cook together, but I can't complain! We prefer not to go out to dinner mainly because it is crazy out there and every restaurant we like has a prix fixe meal. This year Chris is making a roasted chicken with veggies and roasted red potatoes. Throw in some sparkling wine or champagne and a creme brulee and how can you go wrong with that? The recipe is another Barefoot Contessa creation (we are kind of obsessed with everything she makes). It was such a nice dinner.

For next year I need to buy "A Charlie Brown Valentine". I couldn't find it at Target this year!

Again, Happy Valentine's Day! Go spread some love today.


No comments:

Post a Comment