Friday, December 11, 2009

So many phone calls!

After we got engaged we had to make lots of phone calls and send lots of text messages. And let's not forget updating our status on Facebook! That is what makes it official these days now, right?

The phone calls began almost immediately following the proposal. First I called my mom. No answer. Then I called my dad. Again no answer. Next, my aunt. Did she pick up? NOPE! Finally, my uncle answered his phone!

I was crying and was trying to tell him I was engaged, but he thought I was hurt or in trouble. I had to calm down a second and say it again. Ah! "Congratulations!" he said. I think by this point my dad called me back. When I told him that Chris proposed, my dad's comment was, "Already? I thought he was going to ask you this weekend!"

Wait. What? How did you know when he was going to propose? Then I found out that Chris had asked my parents if he could marry me and told them that he was going to get the ring on Monday. The original plan was for him to propose that following Saturday when we were getting ready to host a small gathering for my birthday and turn it into an engagement party. He just couldn't wait that long!

Well, following those two memorable calls, the rest were a blur. We called Chris's parents, his brother, my brother, my cousins, my grandpa and many friends! I did finally talk to my mom around 8 and talked to my aunt not to long after I talked to my uncle. I would not update my Facebook Status until I had spoken to everyone I wanted to tell personally first.

At some point we finally left to go celebrate. Chris kept asking me where I wanted to go and I had no clue. I was too frazzled. We made our way to The Tasting Room (in Uptown) and celebrated with Champagne and truffle fries! The whole time I was staring at my ring and making even more phone calls.

After a bottle of Champagne it was decided that we needed some food. We made our way to Willie G's for dinner, but I have no idea what I ate or how long we were there. We ended up there because I just couldn't figure out where to go!

The calls didn't end until well into the night and I hardly slept at all! I was so excited to go to work the next day and tell everyone the great news.


And yes, I did update my status that day. I have never gotten so many posts on my facebook in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment