Saturday, December 19, 2009

Meet the Parents

Our parents had not met before our engagement. Yes, I know this isn't the most ideal situation, but we did set it up soon after. I have met Chris's family and he has met mine, but the two families had yet to meet.

Two months after our engagement (and two days before Chris's birthday) our parents came together to meet each other. It was a small gathering with a few close friends of ours, my family, some of their friends and Chris's parents. The people missing from the gathering were my brother, Chris's brother and my cousin Nihaal. Amit was actually in town for the weekend!

The meeting went very well. I think Chris and I were more nervous about it than anyone else. Our dads figured out that they were the only smokers in the group, so they pretty much spent the evening outside on the porch. There was tons of food and laughter.

All in all, it was a good evening. Here are a few pictures from the evening.

All the Tasty Food
My Mom, Chris, Chris's Mom and Me
Family

The Girls
Kimberly, Margo, Me and Ginger

Mehek and Prisha Singing

No comments:

Post a Comment