Friday, March 19, 2010

Registering!

When Chris and I started dating I said, "I don't even want to register, I just want to get married." That was a big, fat lie.

It was so much fun spending a day registering even though I didn't get to bring it all home right then and there.

Chris and I are registered at Bed Bath Beyond, Target and Macy's. Our first stop was Macy's in the Galleria. We made our way up the stairs to the registry department and set up our account with them. And then the fun begins...I get to carry the little gun around and Chris just points at things for us to register for. Macy's has half of our fine china, glassware, silverware, sheets and big appliances (like the KitchenAid Mixer that both Chris and I really want! Remember, if we get that, we get to bake more. And Chris and I ALWAYS share our desserts with friends). Somehow a deep fryer ended up on the list. That needs to be deleted.

Can you tell what we really want?

On to Bed Bath and Beyond. We chose BBB because they have everything you need for the home, are reasonably priced AND they always send 20% off an item coupons in the mail. After we went and set up our registry and got the little gun (yes, I got it again) we started walking around. I remember walking past one of the co-workers and hear, "We have two brides in the store. Please be on the look out." That made us laugh (and it was pretty cool to know they were talking about you).

BBB is our biggest list. It has the other half of the china, more glassware, bake ware and so much more.

Finally, we make our way to Target. We chose Target because it is my favorite store and Chris is a pretty big fan of it. Ask any of my co-workers. I go there at least once a week during lunch. There have been weeks where I go to Target four to five times and I go to a different one each time. True story.

The Target registry has the stuff you can't find at the other two stores: games, books, yard stuff, etc.

I am sure many of you are shocked that we (I) didn't register at Crate and Barrel. I wanted too, but Crate and Barrel is not the most convenient place for everyone and everything I really want from there I have already bought.

Here are our registry numbers....
Bed Bath and Beyond - 11375910
Macy's - 1949842
Target - 013085800000170

No comments:

Post a Comment