Sunday, March 14, 2010

Dress Shopping

Well, I am still waiting on Chris to give me his information about the groomsmen, so I am just going to write about my recent experience... dress shopping! My mom, dad, cousin Pryanka and I went shopping all day yesterday. What a long day. We started off at a woman's home who brings stuff from India to sell here in America. The beauty of her stuff is that things can be custom designed to fit your body as well as style. The first of her stuff I saw I did not like much at all, but luckily I waited around and saw the good stuff. Pryanka helped re-design one of the pieces to something that would fit my personality and taste. I was happy to have her there!

The next place we went to was more a couture designer shop. Everything they do is custom made and they actually make most of it in Dallas. Well this sounded exciting, until I walked in and was told to figure out the embroidery I wanted. Um, no thank you. You are the designer, let me tell you my ideas and you come up with it for me. I told the woman that I needed more time to go through everything and would make an appointment to come back when I had more than an hour. My dad whispered to my cousin that "She's not coming back, she doesn't have the patience for this." That is correct. I won't be going back there.

Finally, the last shop we went to had more stuff I liked. The stuff that they had there was similar to the first woman's home. I could pick ideas and have things re-designed. Much more my cup of tea! We went through so many outfits (I felt bad for the people who were helping us, there was a disaster on the floor). The way many Indian shops show their clothes is by just pulling everything they have out to show you. We were all sitting on the floor looking at all the outfits and putting the ones we liked to the side and leaving the ones we didn't like on the floor. Again, I found more stuff I liked.

Nothing was purchased yet...I still have one more boutique to go to with my aunt this week. My aunt is also going to India in two weeks, so who knows, she may find something I will like out there for me!

Here are some designs of what people may be wearing to the wedding (nothing is what I picked out).

No comments:

Post a Comment