Thursday, January 21, 2010

Designing a Theme

Have I ever mentioned how wonderful my friend Ginger is? Well, now I have and now you know. She is one of the most talented people I have ever met. She has helped me come up with the most beautiful theme/design for our wedding that will be incorporated throughout the entire wedding. Basically, she has created a brand for our wedding.

She created her own brand for her wedding and I just loved how it all came together. From the save the dates to the cake to the ties that the men in the bridal party wore, it just looked so together and elegant.

Chris and I wanted to incorporate the two religions in our theme without looking too "religousy" (I can't think of any other way to describe it). She chose the lotus flower and the dove. The lotus in the Hindu religion represents primarily represents beauty and non-attachment. The lotus is rooted in the mud but floats on the water without becoming wet or muddy. This symbolizes how how one should live in the world in order to gain release from rebirth. The dove represents the Holy Ghost in Christianity. It is also represents peace.

You will see the image in most of our printed materials for the wedding and perhaps in a few other things. Again, can't give away all of the surprises!! Thank you Ginger for all of your help.

2 comments: